2012 Outlook from the MWG Chairs
As we begin 2012, the InfiniBand Trade Association is not only looking back on our successes in 2011, but also mapping out our areas for growth in the coming year. In 2011, the IBTA:
- Continued to move toward Exascale level computing
- Welcomed new members
- Witnessed the world’s first FDR 56Gb/s InfiniBand demonstration at ISC’11
- Plugged in our members at a Plugfest
- Hosted a booth, gave presentations and showed a “world’s first” at SC11
- Kicked off a webinar series
And this is just a slice of 2011!
Exciting things are to come in 2012 including: an update to our minibook, more discussions/events around RoCE, and so much more. As we look to the future of InfiniBand, we want to broaden the InfiniBand story beyond the HPC into the enterprise, highlighting real-life deployments and showcasing the great work of our members. We know various market-verticals utilize InfiniBand in their storage solutions, such as financial services, cloud computing and manufacturing, and this year we plan to increase the visibility of these solutions by reaching out to you, our members, and spreading your success stories.
We look forward to the year ahead with the IBTA and the continued support and participation of our members.
Happy New Year!
Brian Sparks and Skip Jones
IBTA MWG Chairs